Discover the top three advantages of on-grid solar panel systems by reading on
These days on-grid solar panel systems are gaining popularity worldwide. These panels are grid-connected which means that you truly have an uninterrupted supply of power to your home or office. Read more below to know about the top three advantages of on-grid solar panel systems.
Basics of An On-Grid Solar Panels System
- An on-grid solar panel system is essentially the same as an off-grid solar panel system, with one key difference. The on-grid solar panel system is connected to the utility power grid. Your home, depending on its electrical needs will take electricity from both the solar panels and the grid. However, during certain periods of the day when your solar panels are producing excess electricity, it will be supplied to the grid.
Usually, both, on and off-grid solar panel systems use batteries to store extra electricity so that it can be used during the night, and on cloudy days. However, if the battery is fully charged and the electricity being produced by the solar panels is more than the house’s needs, it will be fed into the power grid.
How To Set Up An On-Grid Solar Panel System
- If you want to set up an on-grid solar panel system, you will need to hire the services of a professional company. The company will first inspect your installed solar equipment and see if it can be grid-connected.
If your solar hardware is nearing its end of life, you can recycle it by contacting a solar recycling company. This type of company specializes in recycling such types of equipment so that it does not have a detrimental effect on the environment.
Benefits of An On-Grid Solar Panel System
On-Grid Solar Panel Systems Are Reliable
- If you encounter a cloudy day, or if you need more electricity during the night your on-grid solar panel system will allow electricity to be supplied from the grid without any issues.
In addition to the battery, the grid can be thought of as a backup for your electricity needs. In a traditional off-grid solar panel system, as soon as it is out of electricity you are left without power.
On-Grid Solar Panel Systems Are Less Expensive
- Installing an on-grid solar panel system is less expensive, compared to an off-grid solar panel system. This is because off-grid panel systems require more specialized equipment, which also translates to a higher installation cost. In an on-grid system, the battery is an option since the power grid acts as the battery for the system therefore you are saved from spending money on larger and multiple batteries.
In addition to spending less money on specialized equipment, you are also saved from the added costs of maintenance of different types of hardware. The grid connection helps to maximize the solar panel’s efficiency, thus they also last longer.
On-Grid Solar Panel Systems Save You Money
- It is important to know the interconnection laws and application procedures in your area before considering an on-grid solar panel system. Usually, the company you hire will take care of this for you. After your application is approved, you will be provided with a reversible electricity meter (net metering).
This electricity meter will track how much electricity is supplied to the electricity grid. Based on this record, you can claim a discount on your energy bill, or even get paid by the power utility. Most places have a system of carbon credits, which can be used to offset your taxes and payables to the government.
- While solar energy is presented as an environmentally sustainable alternative to generating electricity, it is your responsibility to make sure old solar equipment does not end up in landfills. If you want to play your part and protect the environment from the illegal dumping of solar panels, then get in touch with PV2 Recycle today. We are a professional solar equipment recycling company. Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about how you can recycle your old solar equipment.